The student will work closely with Canvas Method’s Graphic Designer and will be skilled in the following areas:
Layout + Type
- A strong understanding of typography and ability to follow font systems
- A strong understanding of layout and color theory and an ability to reconstruct existing layouts using
a template, and create own layout variations following the brand visual system elements
- Willingness to experiment and to propose own layout ideas that follow the brand visual system
Adobe Creative Suite
- Illustrator: Creating basic Vector Graphics (such as diagrams, icons, etc.) from hand-made sketches
- InDesign: Laying out multiple page documents that follow consistent styling
- Photoshop: Creating mockups and in-context visuals; basic image retouching
- The designer should have a working knowledge of file handling and graphic asset management
The Candidate: The successful student will need to submit a link/portfolio of design work with an emphasis on layout and typography.
Note: This Vancouver-based position requires in-person meetings with the team at least 50-75% of the time and may work remotely part-time.
Required student type
Graphic Design, Visual Arts, Media Arts, Arts Studies